Monday, March 19, 2012

Education... Career!?

Today I got my first cheque for something I learned in school.

I'm still waiting on a cheque for writing an essay that examines a speech by Obama regarding global warming, and ANY money for ANYTHING to do with anthropology, but college on the other hand has just started paying off. Who would of thought it- my education actually leading to a job. A part-time job even!

For the past couple months I've been doing freelance work for Shaw TV, editing a show called Mike on Ice. The first one I worked on is right here... it should give you an idea of the down-home country charm of Mike and all the wonders of ice fishing. I've learned everything I know about ice fishing from working on this show, and I now recognize it as the most fun you can have gathered around a hole on a frozen lake in the dead of winter.


Now I share this video with you because there's a chance some of you may not have seen the show yet.  (I'm looking at you, everyone I know...) But if you're like me and have no idea what ice fishing is beyond its two main components (1. Fish and 2. Freezing your bait off), then watching Mike is a great way to gently guide you. When is it on? I have no idea. 

Anyways, I'd also like to take the opportunity to offer my services to others as a freelance editor. Oh and I do shooting too... although ideally not on or around frozen tundra. But get your offers in quick- my rates skyrocket as soon as I walk across a stage and accept a piece of paper. 




Gosh I hope that happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't censor yourself baby! Lay it on me.