Monday, May 16, 2011

Dabbling in Art...

Today I tried out being an artist.
First off let me say that I’m very worried about blogging now. Since I stopped when the semester ended, taking a little summer break, my blog’s hits have been better than ever. Ooo maybe it was because my blog was nominated for a Creative Communications Media Award, but doubtful. Either way it seems the best thing I could do for my blog was to stop writing. But just in case anyone is bored for something to read and a tranquil picture to look at, here you go. It’s not like I have a job or anything, it’s the least I can do.

Under the direction of my art teacher Chui Choy, I tried out painting for the first time. Art is hard! There's a lot of things and words that I've heard of before but it's really difficult to actually put them into practice unless of course you've got some kind of natural talent. Sadly, I don't think it's in me. Brushstrokes, blending, those kind of things, I was pretty scared the whole time.

But I steadied my brush hand almost long enough to turn out this little bit of landscape action. Future artist? Doubtful. Future decorator for motel rooms that cost less than $50 a night? I have a shot! Couldn’t you picture looking up at this picture while questioning the cleanliness of your bedspread?
This room is so cheap it doesn't even come with a bedspread. 
So keep in mind that this was a first try. But realistically the starting price is $40. And that’s mostly to cover supplies. 
I think it's a tiny bit better in person.

4 comments:

  1. That looks better than anything I could ever do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well when you're back sometime we should try it! With Chui... Ha I'm not ready to teach. Thanks Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude you paint a tropical landscape the way you paint a bathroom, beautifully! And with the same signature :p Keep at it, you have all summer to hone your blending skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well aren't you sweet, thank you! And you have to keep the signature consistent so people know it's your work! How else can i become an art icon.

    ReplyDelete

Don't censor yourself baby! Lay it on me.