Thursday, November 20, 2014

Old Trip to Xi'an

During my last month in China we went on a trip to a couple different cities. The first one was Xi'an, and I've finally put together the video from that trip! It features a few of my favourite moments from our time there: biking the city wall, checking out pagodas, and impressing ladies through the universal language of sweet roller skating moves.

Also, travelling tip here- Xi'an is home to the world famous Terracotta Warriors, a huge tourist attraction. The story goes that an emperor had the stone army made to protect him in the afterlife. My opinion however, is that if you're in Xi'an one day, don't bother with them. As you can see from how short their portion of the video is, I didn't think there was much to see. It's definitely impressive that people carved so many statues to such detail, but I wasn't blown away like I was in other places (like the Great Wall for example). So imagine hundreds of life-size statues, then hundreds more. That's the Terracotta Warriors, and there are thousands of 'em.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this nice post with us. As we know that China is the most famous country for historical places, delicious foods and also tourist attraction place where every year huge no. of tourists comes to visit. I visited Xian for three days with Xian Tour Guide and really this place is so beautiful and attractive that was beyond my expectation. I enjoyed a lot my trip here food is also very tasty. I will suggest everyone should once visit the Xian.

    ReplyDelete

Don't censor yourself baby! Lay it on me.