Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sexy Sumos and Electric Six

Today I found about Electric Six.

Thanks to their soundtracking of a hilarious Subaru commercial that Mike Tanasychuk was kind enough to show in ad class, I’ve finally been exposed to Electric Six’s music. Am I the only one who hasn’t heard of this band?
Here's the ad with Electric Six's song Danger! High Voltage:


Although I can't condone the level that frontman Dick Valentine brings the lyrics to, there's just as many amazing lines and humourously simple rhymes. (Who says only Backstreet Boys can sing "Backstreet's back all right"? They probably don't own the rights to it...)

As both punk/alternative rock and electronic pop are my favourite genres, it’s incredible for me to hear this band that blends the two so well. Valentine comes across a lot of the time as a brash degenerate who makes no apologies, while the upbeat music makes his antics seem suitable for children. They’re not.

Check out one of my new favourites, Synthesizer.

As a fan of both punk/alternative rock and electronic pop genres, it’s incredible for me to hear this band that blends the two so well. The frontman, Dick Valentine, comes across a lot of the time as a brash degenerate who makes no apologies, while the upbeat music makes his antics seem suitable for children. They’re not. 
Check out one of my new favourites, Synthesizer.

4 comments:

  1. The beginning of that Synthesizer video is awesome! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Synthesizer. It was "all whatever, groovy baby" until :45, Enter Speedo Sandman. There won't be any harmonious blending with the sharp tan-line he got I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha which part Brian? the gift of a Roland synthesizer? or that gansta rapper for some reason... and Chui, baby you gotta push past that! If only you'd persevered until :52 when he reveals his tiny bathing suit; he's totally covered. Til then tho, it's seven seconds in heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Don't censor yourself baby! Lay it on me.