Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I won the Civic Election.

Today I successfully predicted Winnipeg’s mayoral race results.

Now I don’t usually like to brag about my accomplishments, but I DID IT! That’s right kids, it just goes to show that you don’t need to pass any current event quizzes, run a political radio show, or even be up on Winnipeg news to masterfully call the civic election.

Weeks ago I told my classmates in Section 1 that it would turn out exactly as it appeared on the ballot: Sam Katz in first, Judy Wasylycia-Leis in second, Brad Gross in third, and Rav Gill bringing up the rear. Predicting all 4 spots? I should've put some money on this.

Oh and just to be clear, I didn’t vote. You need to be impartial if you’re going to be calling the vote so expertly… plus I already knew the results before they happened.

Got any questions about your future? I’ve got some ridiculous powers.

10 comments:

  1. You should have won a boatload of money man. You had better be in a hockey or football pool with that kinda luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're like that psychic octopus who predicted the World Cup winners. Movie deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. guys.... Paul's dead, AND OUT OF THE ASHES OF THAT LIL CEPHALOPOD MOLLUSC IS ANDREW PARKER. So seriously if I put money on this Hamilton, Calgary game tonight do you reimburse me when I lose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your support guys. Erica it's been ages since someone likened me to an octopus, thank you. And Alex, i'm not sure i can understand your comment enough to respond to it. But i like the ANDREW PARKER part...

    ReplyDelete
  5. paul? he was the octopus I placed so much faith in during Fifa, his scientific name is cephalopod mollusc. And the last part is football... which I don't understand either, I've got to stop betting money on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not up on sports OR science enough i guess. Although i don't listen to animals for soccer predictions- i just assume Portugal will win everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't masterfully call the bowling bet that one time, but I guess even experts with ridiculous powers throw a few gutters here and there. It's nice to see however, that your predictive powers are dead-on when it's for big things like city elections. Next time you go for a bet, I'll vote for your win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey now i didn't take that bet because i knew you were going to beat me. I WAS RIGHT AGAIN! and I never claimed to be good at bowling on this blog... thats my other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was talking about the point bet you had with Brent. Maybe I should go to your "other blog" and insert a link to that photo I have of those bowling scores. If you'd like to see Andrew's bowling skillz, click here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you wouldn't dare. also, please don't dare.

    ReplyDelete

Don't censor yourself baby! Lay it on me.