Thursday, November 25, 2010

Finally, cougar-watching pays off.

Today I laughed watching Cougar Town.

I'm embarrassed to say I’ve seen every episode of this show ever made, but to be honest tonight was the first time I remember laughing. I’m not sure why I keep watching, maybe I feel like I owe it to Courtney Cox for all her work on Friends, or maybe I’m just way too optimistic hoping that something funny will happen.
While I have you, here are two things (of many) that have kept me from not laughing until now:

Number 1- Courtney Cox is not a cougar.
The last time Cox’s character did anything cougar-like was the pilot, and she changed her ways immediately after. Since about three episodes in, it’s been nothing but age-appropriate men and sitting around at home drinking wine. That’s false advertising! There’s no cougars on this show; it’s like us 23-year-olds don’t even have a chance.

Number 2- Courtney Cox’s hair never changes.
Come on Cox, even I change my hairstyle more often than this! It NEVER changes, it’s her going-out-hair, her real-estate-hair, her at-home-drinking-wine-hair, and that’s all she does. I haven’t seen that extreme part down the middle since I was 11, and it was in the mirror, and it wasn’t good. What makes you think it’s any better now? If someone doesn’t believe me that her hair looks like the girl version of an 11 year old boy in 1998, here’s proof:














If I grew it out and used body-enhancing conditioner, I’d have my own show by now!

Whether I like it or not, I’m doomed to keep watching this show. I’m committed but I can’t explain why. Congratulations Cougar Town, it only took you 33 episodes and Zach Braff.

12 comments:

  1. of COURSE you watch Cougar-Town! bahahahahahaha!!!

    and please tell me that the stud to the right of Cox is you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not exactly the glasses i had in mind...
    but i don't think the 1998, ten year old version of me could have resisted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humorous as per usual...there are so many good shows out there. Why waste time with this one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? Cougartown AND Gossip Girl? Somehow I'm not surprised (..I feel a sarcastic comment about one of my lame shows coming...), but I'm glad you kept watching because this post is funny. But um, do you really expect girls to wear their hair different for every activity? Styling takes work Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course that's me Rachelle!
    ha ha loving that comment Melanie!
    thanks Eric, and I know, don't worry I'm watching tons of other shows... but Wednesdays C.Town gets uploaded and i just have to do it! it calls to me...
    Correct, Lorelei, you're in no position to judge. Ha and i'm not saying change it for every activity, but we're well into the second season and it's the same hair every time! Can you name one other leading actress that doesn't mix it up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure! Kaley Cuoco from the Big Bang Theory has had the same hair for four seasons, or Grace VanPelt and Teresa Lisbon from The Mentalist..three seasons. Oh, and obviously Hannah Montana hasn't changed her hair either! (Sorry..I had to add in one of my shows..)Ha, I mean, I wouldn't go two or three years with the same hair style, but just sayin' it can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMFAO! I had the that "split" hair for a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha thanks for the support Brian- it was a very popular look i guess!
    and now Lorelei... i did some research. I watched the first season of BBT, and a quick image search of "penny big bang" (which i highly recommend for any guy to try) showed tons of screenshots of different styles: bangs to the side, bangs pulled back, all-over wavy, and of course anytime she's doing her laundry her hair's always a mess!
    The Mentalist- 3.5 min into my first episode showed Grace Van Pelt pulling her hair into a ponytail and sweeping it over her shoulder, and comparing two episodes saw Lisbon's hair go from up and business-like to down and blowing in the breeze. But who's looking at their hair with that pretty boy with the sad eyes and three-piece suits stealing the scenes!
    And now for Hannah. Luckily it only took 3 minutes of watching for a scene change to show her hair going from super blond and wavy to much darker and straight somehow- minutes apart! She's a performer... hair changing all the time!
    any other ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What? Since when does hair in a ponytail count as styling?! That takes less effort than actually combing through your hair to have it down!
    I said Hannah..not Miley, her alter ego. Hannah's hair is always down. Please, I've watched every episode of the show...I got this one.
    And touché on the Mentalist...you're right, with Simon Baker in the scene who's looking at anything else?!
    Fine. I'll admit defeat this time. I didn't think you'd want to be right so bad that you were going to research everything! Yeesh, now I know what I'm up against for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha YES! let that be a lesson to everyone! Do you watch Cougar Town? then you'll know what I'm talking about- her hair hasn't moved an inch! So yeah, that's why I included subtle changes like ponytails... with Cox I'm desperate for any adjustment!
    Also... i don't know the difference between Hannah and Miley, and I can't be held accountable for that. Just be glad i made the 3 minutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SOOO FUNNY DEWEY! keep up the good work, gettin into these blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha thank you i appreciate that! but who are you?

    ReplyDelete

Don't censor yourself baby! Lay it on me.