Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Reunited and It Feels So Good. Coco is Back!

Today I watched Conan.

 Don’t listen to the mixed reviews; Conan lovers will be glad to see him back on TV. The opening video was amazing, showing what had happened with Conan O’Brien during the past year. It was hilarious. Conan’s new set is gorgeous; it might be the biggest one I’ve ever seen, which gave him plenty of room to pace around and even mingle with nearby audience members.

Conan had an all-star lineup for his premiere: Seth Rogen promoting his new movie The Green Hornet, which releases in January, Lea Michele from Glee (which I’m told is a popular show), and Jack White as his musical guest. If you’re a Conan fan, you don’t want to miss that musical number! Not only were his guests famous, but Conan also busted out his most famous moves: he string-danced, hair-flipped, and kitten-purred his way through a stellar episode.

Conan rocked from his very first joke, saying that the audience’s long welcoming applause “lasted longer than my last job.” He also covered beautifully when a very noticeable bang happened off-camera, saying that TBS had rented out backstage to a muffler shop to save money. Based on this first performance, it looks like Conan is back with gusto and will continue bringing awesome to my television. I’ll be right there to see it all- welcome back Coco.

Conan airs on TBS Monday-Thursday at 10 PM. But if you’re like me and don’t get TBS and don’t like going to sleep because that’s when the night terrors come, you can stay up watch it on CTV at 1 AM.

3 comments:

  1. That opening was a beautiful moment and I may have shed a single tear of joy. I loved how he so cooly played off his last gig and kept the show from veering too much into past conflicts. Needless to say, I missed the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opening show was great, I missed Conan. Glad to see him back.

    ReplyDelete

Don't censor yourself baby! Lay it on me.